Över hundra sidor Magisk läsning! Intervjuer, recensioner av det senaste tricken och massor av inspiration! Vill du prenumerera på tidningen till ett mer förmånligt pris eller ge bort en prenumeration? Kontakta oss så ordnar vi det.The Magic Show: Forty Years Later
By John Harrison and Alan Howard
May 1974 saw the opening of a Broadway show that changed the face of magic. Our multipart tribute includes:
The Show - A synopsis of the plot and events in the show.
Concept to Curtain - The story of the show and its creators, and how they ended up on Broadway.
Stephen Schwartz on The Magic Show
- An interview with the famed composer and lyricist.
On and Off the Road - The touring companies, the international editions, Broadway after Henning, and the movie.
Legacy - The pivotal role that The Magic Show
played in magic history.A Conversation on Character, Part II
Rob Zabrecky moderated a panel discussion at the Magic Castle on various aspects of creating and performing magic in character, interviewing Ed Alonzo, Tina Lenert, John Lovick, and Woody Pittman - all of whom did not necessarily have similar opinions on the subjects. This edited transcript of the evening continues from Part I last month.Reynold Alexander
By Jaq Greenspon
He enjoys a successful career, having sold out large performing arts centers with his full-evening show; he starred on magic television specials and won awards at magic conventions. While you might not yet know Reynold Alexander, most people in his part of the world don't think of him as a Puerto Rican magician - he is the
Puerto Rican magician.Plus Updates on...
- The 4th International Magic Festival in Madrid, Spain
- The 33rd New England Magic Convention
- Remembrances of Richard De Vere, Montecore, Rod Starr, Mark Stock, Kenny Brown, and Mickey Rooney
Bonus Content for the May Issue...
- Doug Henning, In His Words - a 25-minute excerpt from his very last interview, conducted by David Charvet
- Doug Henning's seven-minute opening number from the film version of The Magic Show
- Chad Long explaining Pen-Thru-Looking-Glass, a penetrating vanish
- Gregory Wilson explaining Ring Fright, catching a ring on his finger
- Convention Podcasts: Florida State Magic Convention, IBM/SAM Combined Convention, MagiCelebration, Abbott Magic Get-Together, and Magic & Meaning Conference
Sixteen products are reviewed this month by Peter Duffie, Gabe Fajuri, Jared Brandon Kopf, Francis Menotti:
The 100th Monkey by Chris Philpott
Psycho Quiz Prediction by Anthony Owen
The Egg Bag with Luis de Matos
Magic Potato Chip Can by Imagine-If
52 Shades of Red by Shin Lim
The Switch by Shin Lim
Frame by Alexis de la Fuente
The Magic of Celebrating Illusion by Robert Neale
M-Case by Mickael Chatelain
The Stessel Button by John Stessel
Simplex Monte by Rob Bromley
Quality Magic by Okito
Vanishing Pen by SansMinds
Vapr by Will Tsai and SansMinds Magic
Radioactive by Drusko and Titanas
Modern ESP by SansMinds